PASS Your Test With Us! - Preston: 01772 815 253  Southport : 01704 360 123  Chorley : 01257 599 123

Before You Book

motorcycle training lancashire

Feel free to come along and meet with us and look around before booking your CBTRestricted or Direct Access training.

We are always on hand to offer advice and guidence on any of the motorcyle tests available.

Our Location - Map

Motorcyle Test & Training FAQs

Here you will find answers to the most popular questions we get asked by our trainees. If there is anything left unanswered here for you just get in touch with us!

I can't find Catagory 'A' on my licence?

ou should find Catagory 'A' on the paper counterpart under the heading 'Provisional Entitlement'.

What licence do I need to do Motorcycle Training?

You need a provisional or full UK licence with Catagory 'A' for motorcycles or catagory 'P' for mopeds.

Do I need to know the Highway Code to do my CBT?

Yes. You will need a working knowledge of the highway code before you can go onto the road. Although it is not a written test you will be asked questions on the highway code and if you cannot answer them then you may jeopardise the completion of your CBT that day. This is particularly important for 16 and 17 year olds without road experience.

How much notice do I need to give to book my CBT?

RiverView carry out CBT's 7 days a week so we can normally book you in with just a few days notice. However weekends tend to get booked up first so the more notice you can give the better.

How long does the CBT certificate last?

The CBT certificate (DL196) is valid for 2 years. If you have not taken a ministry test before the end of this period you will need to do another CBT before you can ride on the road.

How old must I be to do a Direct Access course?

ou need to be 21 or over, however you can do a Restricted Access (125) course from 17 years.

What is the difference between the Restricted Access and the Direct Access courses?

A Restricted Access course and test allows you to ride any bike restricted to 33bhp. A Direct Access course and test will allow you to ride any bike.

I've passed my car theory test. Do I need to do another?

Yes you need to do a motorcycle theory test. You do not need the theory test for you CBT or even before you start your training but you must havea passed it before you do your Ministry Test.

Do I have to book my own Ministry Test?

With most companies this may be necessary but with RiverView we have hundreds of pre-booked tests in our diary. This means we can get you to test within 2 weeks of passing your theory if that is what you want to do.

Do I need my own bike for CBT or for training for Ministry Test?

NO. RiverView has a fleet of well maintained bikes for you to use. The use of the bike, fuel insurance and any equipment such as helmet, jacket etc is included in our prices.

What is your normal Training day?

You need to be on site for 9.00hrs and can expect to finish between 15.30 and 16.00hrs.

How many people am I likely to be training with?

RiverView only train with a maximum of 2 trainees to 1 instructor on any course, so you willl never be on the road with more than 1 other person.

Why is RiverView more expensive than some training schools?

RiverView Intructors are better than the average and are prepared to go the extra mile, the bikes are good quality and well maintained, clothing is clean and tidy. We pride ourselves on good training and good service. In the words of John Ruskin "there is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers only price is that man's lawful prey.

Why Choose Us?

We are at the forefront of the rider training industry, successfully training pupils to the highest standards enabling them to pass the required elements first time.

We now have the reputation as the training school with the highest pass rates in Lancashire and the North West.

Where We Are

Opening Hours

8 AM - 6 PM
8 AM - 6 PM
8 AM - 6 PM
8 AM - 6 PM
8 AM - 6 PM
9 AM - 4 PM
9 AM - 4 PM

Wall Of Fame

We are Accredited CBT and DVSA Instructors and DVSA Registered